If you’re training a puppy, or even training a dog that’s out of the puppy stage, and you’re finding it a bit frustrating or unfruitful, the key to remember is: communication. Learning how to communicate with your puppy or dog is a fundamental piece of training, it’s the glue that holds everything else together.
Pet minding starts with, and forever revolves around communication. If you are looking to correct bad behaviors, you need to first understand ‘why’ your dog is doing what they are doing. Believe it or not, there’s always a reason behind what your dog does, even if it doesn’t seem like it. For example, chewing could be out of frustration, boredom, or anxiety. Once you understand why your dog is behaving in a certain way, you can begin to correct it.
If you’re looking to simply train your puppy basic or advanced commands, or even teach them tricks, you just need to learn how to communicate what you want from them. They love to please you and obey, they just need proper communication and guidance. Dog obedience training can help you learn to understand your dog and effectively communicate with them.
How Can You Find The Right Puppy or Dog Obedience Training For You?
There are a number of puppy and dog obedience training classes available and the first step is to determine what you are trying to achieve.
- Are you looking for your puppy or dog to follow basic commands like “sit”, “stay”, “lie down”, “come” (even when distractions are present), and how to walk on a leash without pulling; or are you looking for more advanced obedience training?
- Are you looking to stop bad behaviors?
- Do you want to teach your puppy or dog appropriate social behavior?
- Do you want to teach your puppy or dog tricks?
- Are you interested Recall Training?
- Are you looking for Therapy Dog Training so that your dog can serve as a therapeutic friend?
- Do you want your dog to undergo AKC Canine Good Citizen Testing?
Whatever the level of obedience training you are seeking, Villa La PAWS can help. We hold classes for all of these types of training and more. If you’re not sure exactly what type of training you need, pick the Villa La PAWS location nearest to you and give us a call, we’ll help you figure out which classes are right for you and your puppy or dog. We even offer private training if you think that’s a better fit.